Friday 20 March 2009

OpenTracker2 configured and tested

Received my OT2 from ArgentData last week but could not do much since I went back to my parents house on the weekend. I was determined to get it up and running since early of the week but due to my office workload, I delayed it until yesterday afternoon.

Installation was quite a straight forward actually and using the default setup on the OT2, what I need to do is just change the callsign. I did however turn on the smart beaconing so that it could transmit whenever I am turning.. this will avoid the track to show that I'm jumping from one location to the other.

During my first test, I was quite disappointed when my track was not shown on aprs.fi. A call to 9W2RUT revealed that there was no i-gate operating yesterday... only the digipeater worked but since no i-gate, it means, nobody relaying the packet to the internet. So .. yesterday night, with the help of google, I managed to configure my Lenovo S10 to become an i-gate. Tested it this morning when 9W2RUT igate was down and it seems that mine could actually relay the packets received from someone else digipeater.. yes.. one try and it works!

Anyway, here is my configuration right now:

1. ArgentData OT2
2. Garmin eTrex (soon will be replaced by Garmin Nuvi 350)
3. Kenwood TMV71A (set to transmit on Band B)

Photos will be posted once I've got my Nuvi 350.

Anyway, if you're lucky, you'll see me moving around .. click the following URL:

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...