Saturday 18 April 2009

Argent Data Tracker2 + Nuvi 350

Finally, after waiting for quite a while, I got my Nuvi 350 from my friend yesterday. Could not wait to test it out really. First try was early this morning, I supposed to meet someone to get a Dell Optiplex GX60 which should become my full-time fill-in digipeater/igate but the guy could not make it.. so, I went to Jalan Pasar to get the necessary thing for my fill-in digipeater instead.. and with the Nuvi 350 connected to the Tracker2. Not so good result since Tracker2 couldn't get any data sent to it.. I set the port to AUTO with the hope if I make a switch between the Garmin eTrex to Nuvi, it will be necessary to do any more setting up to the Tracker2.. I was wrong, so .. went ahead searching a quick guide on how to have these two devices talking to each other. Lucky me, found this helpful guide.

Using the otwingcfg.exe, I went ahead with configuring the Tracker2 and wallah.. it went alive and transmitted it first packet out w/o problem after setting the port to GARMIN. Fill up my afternoon time with tidying up the cabling and fixing the Nuvi. I drilled a hole on my dashboard so that there will be no cables criss-crossing on the dashboard. The result is quite neat.. judge it yourself from the following photos... enjoy..





Finally .. the track sent by my Tracker2 to igate.. looks nice too:

2 comments:

vrutcdhara said...

arghh,jelaous nya aku..

9M2TPT said...

Aku x pandai nak begge2 cam kau .. tak payah jeles .. aku jeles org yg boleh buat sendiri!

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...