Wednesday 3 June 2009

TinyTrack4 & Display - mini project

Received my 20x4 display in the post today and spent half an hour trying to make it working. I messed up with the wiring for sure and scratching my head why it does not work .. yes, the RS and E pins were swapped .. silly me. Anyway, result .. as photos posted below (oh yeah, chosen this black over greenish LCD since it cost me only RM38/pc)...!
Next mini project will be, to put this display and TT4 into much better casing and to get the PS/2 keyboard interface wired up .. and to get the display working with OpenTracker2 too. If I fancy myself, might use STAMP2 but wondering if mine has serial memory built-in .. otherwise, I'll just wait a bit for Scott/ArgentData to come up with new firmware which has LCD/keyboard support.


No comments:

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...