Sunday 15 November 2009

Samba 3.4/Ubuntu 9.10 problem

For the last ten days, I did not realised that I'm not able to share my files in the LHS with the rest of the PCs on my LAN.. and just to find out that .. I couldn't access it from my own MBP. I thought this has to do with my network until I tried looking at the log .. it was complaining about:

[2009/11/15 15:07:51, 0] smbd/server.c:456(smbd_open_one_socket)
smbd_open_once_socket: open_socket_in: Address already in use

Searching the keywords on the net and found that I'm not the only one having this problem. Though some do not have problem, but I do .. and reading from discussions found on the net .. there are few things need to be done .. but I just couldn't get those suggestion to work.. removing winbindd, changing the sequence on how things loaded in smb.conf didn't help. Helpless .. I did an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade just now .. there seems to be an update for Samba .. so, downloading it right now .. hopefully all are well after this .. will report back!

Update: Samba/network drives are back on now .. so it seems that the samba package which comes with the Ubuntu 9.10 has problem.. Running an update will solve this problem.

No comments:

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...