Sunday 9 January 2011

Happy new year..

Probably a belated one, 2011 is already on the 9th day today. Nothing much interesting happening I guess since last October since I didn't post anything. Anyway, listed are the latest things (happening or in my hands :).


  • I've bought a Kenwood TM-D710A, replacing my TM-V71A/OT2/Nuvi350 setup in my pickup. 
  • TM-V71A is now my main 2m/70cm radio in my shack, I wasn't able to monitor or transmit on 2m/70cm bands for quite a while. I had the FT60R connected to the only base antenna that I've installed and it was connected to a TT4/APRS and acted as fill-in digipeater and TNC interface to my igate. The shack setup is now has TM-V71A, band B as data and band A is free for me to monitor any local conversation on the repeaters or simplex channels while not missing any data coming into the other band.
  • FT-60R is now temporarily retired until I can find a new task for it. Few of us were talking about satellites communication, probably now the right time to go forward with it. Found lot of hams are using FT-60R for it. Now, the raw materials are readily available.. need to find the 'urge' to start working on it :)
  • In the CarPC world, I've 'upgraded' my CarPC setup, it is running on solid state drive (SSD) now, after I had a harddrive failure, I believe upgrading to SSD is necessary. I'm trying to migrate the frontend from Centrafuse to RideRunner since RR has nicer support for my HDR (HD Radio).
  • Work-wise, I'm still stuck doing SAP development. But then again, I'm not going to venture out doing something else. I will eat, sleep, walk & program .. ABAP :) Office is busy doing an upgrade exercise, they're going to upgrade both the CRM & R/3 to the latest packages and I believe I'll be the last in the chain as usual :) Nothing unusual though .. 

No comments:

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...